- Play for just 5-10 minutes a day and see a difference!
- Teaches times tables 1-12
- Helps students see the power of number relationships
- Ideal for hands-on learning at home or in the classroom.
Learning Resources Tackling Tables
This maths fluency game that makes mastering times tables fun and exciting.
Play for just 5-10 minutes a day and see a difference! Tackling tables is the fun, game-based way to help students learn their times tables 1 to 12 and corresponding division facts. The Tackling Tables method helps students see the power of number relationships and commutativity, which boosts maths fluency.
The set includes a colour-coded times tables chart that shows which times tables students need to master each year to meet the DfE National Curriculum Outcomes for Years 2, 3 and 4. Blue covers the 1, 2, 5, and 10 times tables. Green covers 3, 4, and 8 times tables. Red covers 6, 7, 9, 11, and 12. Playing cards are colour-coded to match. Tackling Tables is designed for 2 or more players.
|Dimensions||150 × 200 × 20 mm|
£10 – £15
1. The quiz leader chooses the colour-coordinated deck correct for the teaching level, selects a card from the deck and conceals the answer.
2. If the player answers correctly within three seconds, the player receives the card. In case of an incorrect or unknown answer, the quiz leader shows the player the answer and then places the card at the bottom of the deck.
3. The cards left at the end of the game show the teacher or parent and pupil which times tables still need to be learned or practised for instant recall.
4. The game can be played on a one-to-one basis or small group setting, and the quiz leader can be a teacher, parent, or fellow student.
5. Play multiplication and then division to help students develop an understanding of number relationships.